MilwaukeeDevHouse5 IRC Log

Thanks to Mike Putnam for logging and publishing the IRC log... It's probably more readable on his site, but we're putting it here for posterity as well. I've slightly edited it to add the links and remove system messages, but don't worry, the golden nuggets of wisdom remain. View the whole thing.

--- Day changed Fri Dec 03 2010
<snip>
17:32 <ashedryden> hey peeps
17:36 <KeVroN> Eat it people
17:37 <KeVroN> Samosa NOMS!
17:41 <clint326> I'm here, the party can begin
17:41 <ashedryden> par-taaay
17:42 <ashedryden> and we have "secretions", ladies and gentleman
17:42 <ashedryden> you can thank your local @hypnagogic
17:42 <clint326> and some kind of fried banana things
17:42 <ashedryden> plantain
17:45 <clint326> now, what to develop?
17:46 <KeVroN> hello curtis
17:46 <KeVroN> hello @cjibo
17:47 <hypnagogic> jaaawahlmon!
17:47 <web414bot> huzzah!
17:51 <ashedryden> web414bot: are you going to do the robot?
17:52 <cjibo> I has the technology
17:54 <clint326> Is parking on the street even remotely safe?
17:54 <ashedryden> yes
17:54 <ashedryden> ive never heard anyone having an issue
17:54 <ashedryden> and i feel safe walking down the streets here alone in the dark
17:55 <ashedryden> i take it you dont live in mke? :}
17:56 <clint326> Glendale
17:56 <nberveiler> free parking starts at 6pm (right now) right?

17:56 <clint326> two hours until pizza?
17:57 <hypnagogic> "Our Flickr Slurper slurps your photos into your BookSmart photo library and book!"
17:59 <web414bot> irc!!!
18:02 <hypnagogic> No Journey Remixes allowed
18:02 <mikeputnam> so what projects are ppl looking at tonight?
18:07 <nberveiler> i'm working on a rails app for nonprofits to track client data
18:07 <hypnagogic> i am working on a wedding photo book
18:08 <mikeputnam> excellent!
18:09 <clint326> http://www.ustream.tv/channel/insomniac-development
18:10 <ashedryden> @hypnagogic does that mean you dont want to do a karaoke duet with me to journey? :{
18:11-!- raster is now known as Guest66457
18:11 <hypnagogic> @ashedryden, don't stop believin that we're livin in a lonely world, and that I'm just a city boy, nor that outside there are solid rainbows and inside is where your heart grows, ok?
18:11 * mikeputnam is suddenly glad irc is devoid of audio
18:13 <jennaddenda> what's up, peeps?
18:14 <ashedryden> its jenn :D
18:14 <cjibo> I be on now
18:14 <ashedryden> hey cjibo :}
18:15 <ashedryden> hows your mom?
18:15 <jennaddenda> what up, slim?
18:15 <cjibo> hey from across the room
18:15 <hypnagogic> Furthermore, @ashedryden, don't you let go now, you know with every heartbeat, we love, nothing comes easy--just ask the lonely
18:15 <cjibo> mom is better
18:15 <ashedryden> hypnagogic: awesome.
18:18 <pete__> IRC hates me!
18:19 <mikeputnam> heh
18:22-!- cjibo_ is now known as cjibo
18:27 <cjibo> Now to try to develop on my machine ustreaming
18:28 <mikeputnam> you've got an awesome stream going. nice and clear.
18:28 <cjibo> The cam is a Microsoft Life Cam 720p
18:28 <cjibo> works well
18:29 <grim> blah trash cam :P
18:29 <mikeputnam> heh appledriod
18:30 <cjibo> here is the tech I have with me. Lenovo X201 tablet, MacBook Pro, iPad, WP7, DroidX
18:30 <mikeputnam> whoa
18:30 <ashedryden> who's controlling the music? itunes dj would be cool...
18:31 <mikeputnam> more Slayer!
18:31 <cjibo> More Kenny Rodgers
18:31 <mikeputnam> oh wait. i can do that here.
18:31 <ashedryden> streetza's here!
18:31 <nberveiler> awesome
18:31 <cjibo> mikeputnam: now you cannot get Streetza there :)
18:31 <mikeputnam> ah well. already ate.
18:31-!- You're now known as mikeputnam
18:32 <ashedryden> *****If you want help with what you are working on, write what you are working up on the session board on the wall!*******
18:33 * mikeputnam tries
18:33 <cjibo> can't I write it here?
18:33 <grim> how about a smart session board that shows up as a web page too :)
18:33 <ashedryden> make it happen, grim :}
18:33 <grim> ashedryden: you paying for a smart board? :P
18:33 <ashedryden> cjibo: you can, but itll scroll off eventually
18:33 <mikeputnam> grim! exactly my idea to work on!
18:33 <mikeputnam> sort of
18:34 <pete__> AV people, does anyone have an old video camera to donate?
18:34 <pete__> or a podium? or a PA?
18:35 <pete__> we want to make it super-easy for any meetup or barcamp session to easily record/strea/etc
18:35 <grim> so yeah, camera on the session board using ocr to translate?
18:35 <pete__> camera pointing at the speaker/presenter
18:35 <pete__> mics to record person speaking
18:35 <pete__> capture it all to publish later... and if possible, strream it
18:37 <mikeputnam> i was thinking more of the barcamp sheets-of-paper version of session wall.
18:37 <ashedryden> mikeputnam: this is a whiteboard :}
18:37 <mikeputnam> i gathered.
18:37 <mikeputnam> maybe wiimote-whiteboard!
18:37 <pete__> is someone capturing/logging this IRC stuff?
18:37 <mikeputnam> if anyone has a wiimote in their pocket
18:38 <grim> ///asdf
18:38 <mikeputnam> pete__: i'm logging and maybe web414bot too
18:38 <grim> bah ignor eme...
18:38 <grim> ssh session is lagging
18:39 <mikeputnam> i like the big-brother-podium idea
18:39 <grim> overlays the speaker in the video too? that'd be cool
18:40 <mikeputnam> ustream producer (free) makes some nice webcasts
18:40 <mikeputnam> but the extra fancy stuff is in ustream producer (notfree)
18:41 <pete__> we're discussing using a computer permanently installed to capture video and audio....
18:41 <pete__> which could be published later and/or streamed live...
18:41 <cjibo> just install cjibo
18:41 <pete__> we have a camera coming this month
18:42 <mikeputnam> nice
18:42 <pete__> we have some mics
18:42 <pete__> we need to tie it all together
18:42 <pete__> working on it: me, mathiasx, knellotron, keving
18:43-!- hypnagogic_ is now known as hypnagogic
18:43 <grim> pete__: what do you guys have done/planned ?
18:43 <clint326> I'm working on 3d plotting in HTML5
18:44 <phillijw> anyone with graphic/design skills in here?
18:44 <hypnagogic> i have those skills
18:45 <phillijw> sweet
18:45 <ashedryden> hey KeVroN
18:45 <ashedryden> why do you have backstreet boys in your itunes? :}
18:46 <grim> hah
18:46 <phillijw> BSB4LYFE
18:46 <ashedryden> also, christina aguileria ?
18:47 <phillijw> she gained a lot of weight recently. She almost looks normal now
18:47 <pete__> grim: so far I'm just discussing with mathiasx and knellotron equip we have, can get, and skills
18:47 <pete__> trying to do it cheap/free to begin with...
18:47 <pete__> since we gots no $$$ :(
18:47 <mikeputnam> whomever is speaking about ustream producer $200 you are absolutely correct
18:47 <mikeputnam> it's awesome
18:47 <mikeputnam> watch the adafruit engineer chats. they use it.
18:48 <grim> pete__: ah, i'd recommend gstreamer, but i'm a linux guy, so that really shouldn't be surprising :)
18:48 <pete__> maybe we just need a speech recognition thingy that can translate to text and pipe into IRC == STREAMING!
18:49 <mikeputnam> i have a Logitech Quickcam i'm willing to donate to the AV-podium-robot
18:49 <cjibo> Live: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/insomniac-development
18:50 <clint326> is there an atm in the area?
18:50 <clint326> anyone know?
18:50 <clint326> I need cash for 'zza
18:50 <hypnagogic> yeah, across the street in la fuente
18:50 <clint326> thanks
18:50 <KeVroN> ya, i'm doing the same
18:50 <KeVroN> finally ashe comes through
18:50 <KeVroN> @ash
18:50 <ashedryden> psh
18:51 <KeVroN> i downloaded 2 torrents
18:51 <KeVroN> and one was 2000 hits o decade
18:51 <ashedryden> aha
18:51 <ashedryden> i guess ill let you live
18:51 <ashedryden> for now.
18:52 * ashedryden is the #mkedh5 itunes terrorist.
18:52 <grim> did i just hear a copyright infringment?!
18:52 <grim> :P
18:52 <KeVroN> and then the 70's
18:52 <KeVroN> losless of course
18:52 <pete__> sort by price: LOWEST!!!!
18:53 <jennaddenda> RE: Kevron's musics - Shania Twain?
18:53 <pete__> cheap mixer... behringer
18:53 <ashedryden> jennaddenda: we should have done this through my library
18:53 <ashedryden> s'all im saying
18:53 <KeVroN> @haters stop
18:53 <KeVroN> this is not my hard drive
18:53 <mikeputnam> would the robo podium be able to pickup audience questions?
18:53 <nberveiler> i have the latest sufjan stevens album in my shared itunes library. it is beyond awesome.
18:54 <jennaddenda> KeVroN: there was no music on the bucket 'puter
18:54 <mikeputnam> or would the onus be on the presenter to repeat the question for the podium mics to pick up?
18:54 <mikeputnam> pete__: ^^^
18:54 <ashedryden> @KeVroN oh right, its the mac mini
18:54 <KeVroN> @mikeputnam that is a good question
18:55 <mikeputnam> <blush> thanks
18:55 <grim> theres an idea, does bucket works want a 2u server for music hosting/playback? Don't have it with me obviously, but otherwise they're getting recycled
18:56 <ashedryden> grim: my old myth box is upstairs, that'd be great for that :}
18:56 <ashedryden> mathiasx: you should grab it so people can play with it
18:58 <phillijw> what kind of internet conn does bucketworks have?
18:58 <mikeputnam> with a full-blown machine built into the podium, live streaming would be much easier
18:59 <KeVroN> @phillijw 3X3
18:59 <pete__> grim: I'm going to say YES...
19:00 <grim> pete__: alrighty, i gotta see what i all have left, but there all like p3's but yeah i have a few left that are just going to get recycled if i don't find a use for them
19:00 <pete__> mikeputnam: maybe we find all the people who can't always attend web414 and the other meetups and get the to pitch in to support the streaming effort :)
19:00 <grim> pete__: some of them are using sca though, so that sucks
19:00 <grim> cost wise that is
19:00 <mikeputnam> pete__: agreed.
19:00 <pete__> grim: do they have FireWire? we'll need that....
19:01 <grim> pete__: doubtful, they're server chassis... and p3 era at that
19:01 <mikeputnam> YES RE BIG RED BUTTON
19:01 <grim> i _might_ have a 1394 card somewhere though...
19:02 <ashedryden> omg cjibo just brought in a case of gatorade
19:02 <cjibo> and it should be cold it was in the truck
19:03 <ashedryden> SO KIDS - what is everyone working on?
19:03 <cjibo> I'm working on getting to actually work on something....
19:04 <KeVroN> I'm making a promo video for beer and brat bash 2011
19:04 <cjibo> Anyone have a hammer?
19:04 <grim> a plugin based documentation tool, plenty of other projects too, but that's what i'm working on at the moment
19:04 <KeVroN> finallty editing down
19:04 <grim> cjibo: i have a cane, does that count?
19:04 <pete_> who will donate an Intel Mac mini? mathiasx wants to know...
19:05 <ashedryden> cjibo: this is bucketworks. im sure there is a hammer somewhere.
19:06 <pete_> gatorade? where?
19:06 <ashedryden> table ::points::
19:07 <grim> pete_: what happened to the other underscore?!? are you falling apart?!
19:07 <pete_> IRC hates me!
19:07 <pete_> cjibo needs a hammer.. to smash his device
19:07 <pete_> if I had a hammer....
19:08 <phillijw> KeVroN, 3mbit/3mbit?
19:08 <dhartman> yo
19:08 <KeVroN> yes
19:08 * phillijw slaps cjibo around a bit with a large trout
19:08 <grim> pete_: sounds like you need to use screen or a bnc on a stable connection :P
19:09 <grim> and we see who's using mIRC :P
19:09 <dhartman> irssi ftw
19:09 <mikeputnam> wow.
19:09 * grim slaps phillijw with a decent irc client :P
19:09 <mikeputnam> that tablet is pretty rugged
19:10 <phillijw> I <3 mirc
19:10 <mikeputnam> or at least the front plastic is
19:10 <phillijw> i'm also a fan of irssi but I don't have a linux machine at the moment
19:10 <cjibo> Gorilla glass
19:10 <cjibo> Galaxy tab rocks for that reason
19:10 <phillijw> I learned to program using mirc scripting
19:10 <mikeputnam> phillijw: blasphemer!
19:11 <dhartman> so I have several phones that I'd be willing to give for a hacking project to produce a paging system
19:11 <grim> phillijw: that was my 3rd "language"
19:11 <grim> phillijw: that's what ssh and screen is for :)
19:11 <phillijw> grim, I dont have a shell :(
19:11 <mikeputnam> grim: s/screen/tmux/
19:11 <dhartman> they would need to be hacked to tie the speaker phone speaker into something that can be amplified
19:11 <phillijw> *shell account
19:11 <grim> mikeputnam: how is that, i haven't tried it out yet
19:11 <dhartman> hey people, can we stop having fun and do something ;)
19:11 <dhartman> hehe
19:11 <mikeputnam> grim: 100% win
19:12 <phillijw> not one that I have any control over at least. I am logged into my webserver and editing a page in vim
19:12 <grim> phillijw: look at tmux and screen, multiple windows with one connection...
19:12 <grim> phillijw: although, i believe you can mux ssh streams, but i haven't tried it before
19:13 <phillijw> i have used screen before but I havent heard of tmux
19:13 <grim> same idea essentially
19:13 <phillijw> brb. tacos
19:14 <mikeputnam> tmux -> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=tmux&sektion=1
19:14 <grim> i'll just apt-cache show it thank you very much :P
19:14 <mikeputnam> also http://tmux.sourceforge.net
19:15 <grim> dhartman: i'll have to check out tmux next time i restart irssi
19:16 <grim> dhartman: this session has only been running for 401days :)
19:16 <mikeputnam> nice
19:18 <dhartman> I use screen+irssi. never had a reason to try tmux
19:18 <mikeputnam> so merits/demerits of this idea for barcamp? -> http://bit.ly/i78348
19:18 <grim> whoops, that was supposed to go to mikeputnam, sorry about that
19:19 <mikeputnam> grim: i've come to prefer the configurability/documentation of tmux over screen
19:19 <pete_> internet enabled coffee maker
19:19 <aerger> I've gotten kind of.... attached to screen *rimshot*
19:20 <grim> mikeputnam: ah, i have a slightly modified status bar and stuff going here, so i can't just switch, need a few things configured first :)
19:20 <mikeputnam> wah-wah-wah
19:20 <grim> aerger: hah
19:20 <grim> aerger: i like to detach my screen personally :P
19:21 <phillijw> mikeputnam, doc is private or something?
19:21 <cjibo> I'm going to switch ustream to my mac
19:22 <grim> it's at a google apps for your domain, i can't login with my normal google account
19:22 <mikeputnam> oh crud
19:23 <pete_> ok, I've pushed mathiasx back to the streaming station... knellotron is working on the list of parts needed
19:23 <pete_> grim: sounds like your servers may not work... but maybe another use here at Bucketworks?
19:23 <mikeputnam> try this one instead (merits/demerits) http://web414.com/node/990#comment-642
19:23 <grim> pete_: sure whatever :) like i said, if they're not used, they're going to the recycling bin at work :)
19:25 <pete_> zoooom that calendar!
19:25 <ashedryden> @pete_ : +1
19:25 <grim> mikeputnam: i read that under something earlier, and yeah it's an interesting idea, but i'd still love to have to automagically generate a web list, the qr codes could work for that too though :)
19:25 <pete_> send us zak witte
19:25 <ashedryden> NEEDS MOAR ZAC WITTE
19:26 <plural> Ahoy hoy
19:26 <phillijw> arg matey
19:26 <pete_> grim: can you tell the specs to a smart person, like mathiasx to see if they would be of use here
19:27 <grim> they're all older, haven't looked at them in awhile, all dual cpu, p3 era stuff
19:27 <cjibo> wow that is bright same camera on mac
19:27 <mikeputnam> grim: the struggle becomes being flexible enough to work with the ad-hoc nature of scribbling sessions on paper on a whim and still provide structured calendaring/content collaboration around it (the session)
19:27 <cjibo> how does it look externally
19:28 <grim> mikeputnam: yeah, hence ocr, but i have no idea if foss ocr stuff can do hand writing
19:28 <mikeputnam> highly unlikely
19:28 <grim> i wouldn't say that, but i have no idea
19:29 <pete_> I have not been paying attention, but I am a fan of the big grid on the wall....
19:30 <dhartman> I'll be back in about 30 minutes or so if anyone wants to talk about paging/intercom stuffs
19:30 <pete_> plural!
19:30 <pete_> dhartman sounds good!
19:31 <grim> pete_: i'm not saying remove it, just augment it by having it automatically create a webpage :)
19:31 <pete_> royce and tomhenrich are here
19:33-!- jennaddenda_ is now known as jennaddenda
19:34 <ashedryden> woo
19:34 <ashedryden> jason's here?
19:34 <ashedryden> do not see
19:34 <pete_> plural is at home... with the kids.. but will IRC in
19:35 <aerger> Hanging xmas lights here. Not quite fun.
19:36 <pete_> tapps is here!
19:36 <mikeputnam> alexfalkenberg: are they LED, arduino-controlled xmas lights?
19:36 <tomhenrich> zomg i made it finally
19:36 <aerger> If by that you mean "from Ikea", then yes.
19:36 <mikeputnam> ha
19:36 <aerger> ;)
19:36 * mikeputnam waves to tomhenrich
19:36 <ashedryden> omg you guys - THHHHEEEEEE tracy apps is here
19:37 <aerger> I'd love to set up a grid of lights, arduino-controlled hey-why-not, but I lack the time.
19:37 * plural waves
19:37 <mikeputnam> yes. time is of the essence.
19:37 * tomhenrich waves back to mikeputnam
19:37 <plural> i was connected from my ipad but i needed that for the motor shield instructions
19:38 <aerger> It could be a glorious audio-sensing display and my wife would say "gee, that took you too long. why didn't we just go to Target again?"
19:38 <mikeputnam> ++ same here
19:39 <phillijw> plural, what is motor sheild?
19:39 <pete_> pizza??
19:39 <plural> Motor Shield - Arduino motor/stepper/servo control
19:39 <pete_> plural... we need your video camera!
19:39 <plural> http://www.ladyada.net/make/mshield/
19:39 <plural> man, sorry, pete. I haven't started to transfer my video
19:39 <plural> i'll kick some off tonight
19:40 <mikeputnam> do i see hacker knitting going down?
19:40 <pete_> plural: cool
19:40 <pete_> knacking
19:40 <phillijw> plural, sweet. what are you going to make?
19:40 <pete_> rfid hacking talking mathiasx
19:40 <mikeputnam> pete_: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knacker
19:41 <aerger> The least successful hacked bit of knitting: knackwurst
19:41 <plural> probably some robotics stuff. I haven't had any servos yet for my arduinos
19:41 <plural> so this will be nice
19:41 <plural> it has 3 or 4 motors it can drive on an arduino shield
19:41 <pete_> plural: i have servos here :)
19:41 <plural> pete, what did you use for your twitter monkey servos?
19:41 <mikeputnam> lol knackwurst
19:42 <tomhenrich> version2beta in the house!
19:42 <pete_> plural: microservos
19:42 <pete_> smallest adafruit sells
19:42 <pete_> though I just got a few more super-cheap from Hobby King
19:43 <ashedryden> LOOK MOM, IM ON THE BIG SCREEN
19:43 <pete_> they don't do full rotation unless you hack them
19:43 <plural> gotcha
19:43 <plural> i don't , umm, exactly know what is on these yet, but i'll find out in 20 minutes!
19:44 <plural> ava is helping me solder and put everything together
19:44 <cjibo> who is running firesheep?
19:45 <pete_> i heard she's pretty good at soldering
19:45 <mikeputnam> ruh-roh.
19:48 <ashedryden> plural: your kids are awesome :}
19:48 <ashedryden> so are pete's
19:49 <ashedryden> they should form some sort of crime-fighting team
19:49 <ashedryden> @cjibo someone is running firesheep ? :{
19:49 <grim> ashedryden: i used to run it
19:49 <mikeputnam> grim! i think i just grasped what you are suggesting. if we generate qr codes large enough on each session paper, then we could aim a camera at the whole session wall and by virtue of the row/column(also qr coded) the session papers are taped-up in we can deduce the time/room/and unique session!!!
19:49 <mikeputnam> eureaka!
19:49 <tomhenrich> web414.com photo upload fAIL
19:50 <tomhenrich> the *pictures* directory does not exist or is not writable
19:50 <grim> mikeputnam: that could work too
19:50 <tomhenrich> or... could be a user error.
19:51 * mikeputnam busies himself with this session wall idea
19:52 <cjibo> hello tom from my NOC
19:53-!- cjibo_ is now known as cjibo
19:53 <mikeputnam> data needed: approx. how large of an area does the paper-covered portion of the session wall cover? 6ftx6ft? 8x8?
19:53 <cjibo> tomhenrich: wave to the camera
19:53 <plural> so what are the projects on tap right now?
19:53 <cjibo> Project: Get to work is still not happening for me
19:54 <web414bot> i am the web414bot feed me cookies
19:54 <mikeputnam> plural: 1) mic'd and video'd podium for recording/streaming justice
19:54 <web414bot> hello hypnagogic
19:54 <cjibo> web414bot use firesheep for cookies
19:54 <web414bot> i already did that to mathiasx
19:54 <mikeputnam> plural: 2) wedding photo album
19:54 <phillijw> i'm working on http://gocomplainontheinternet.com which has about 1hr of work in it
19:54 <mikeputnam> plural: 3) nonprofit client data tracker
19:54 <clint326> Google offered to buy Groupon for $5 billion; so far they are undecided
19:55 <phillijw> clint326, I thought they turned them down
19:55 <clint326> even better
19:55 <mikeputnam> plural: 4) session wall -> interwebs hooker-upper
19:55 <mikeputnam> plural: 5) probably others
19:57 <mikeputnam> plural: 6) there was mention of a hacked polycom phone intercom system for the bucketworks
19:57 <mikeputnam> plural: that's all i can recall
19:59 <grim> anyone want to help me with anything that's not in gray in this graph? https://www.guifications.org/~grim/projects.png
19:59 <tomhenrich> mike - i like the pre-assigned IDs for barcamp sessions
19:59 <phillijw> what is gflib-java
19:59 <grim> the orange is part of a big project, it's one component of it
19:59 <grim> java lanage bindings to be specific
20:00 <mikeputnam> grim: nice dependencies
20:00 <grim> yeah, after creating that, i realized everything i work on uses glib :)
20:00 <grim> well just about everything
20:00 <grim> oh, and those are just my FOSS projects
20:00 <tomhenrich> three cookies left over here, they can go to the highest bidder. GO.
20:01 <mikeputnam> tomhenrich: i think the latest revelation re: session wall + scheduling might just work
20:01 <tomhenrich> we'll start the bidding at one.... million... dollars.
20:01 <phillijw> one million dollars
20:01 * mikeputnam goes afk to begin the kids bedtime routine
20:02 <tomhenrich> cookie going to phillijw... going once...
20:02 <tomhenrich> going twice...
20:02 <tomhenrich> going, going, NOM!
20:02 <phillijw> om nom nom
20:03 <pete_> milwaukee makerspace: blowing things up since 2011
20:03 <dhartman> COOKIE!
20:03 <phillijw> when is makerspace live live live?
20:03 <dhartman> clint326: Google is just waiting for more people to take advantage of that price
20:04-!- jennaddenda_ is now known as jennaddenda
20:04 <clint326> dhartman: not following what do you mean
20:04 <aerger> Son had to pee, but was watching some xmas thing on netflix. He said "I can't..." I said "Son, anything is pausable."
20:04 <ashedryden> youre fired.
20:04 <phillijw> haha. well done
20:11 <mathiasx> 0ffdc757b21f4dd8080910a82f3d46c9045802de
20:11 <mathiasx> Your referral URL http://www.linode.com/?r=0ffdc757b21f4dd8080910a82f3d46c9045802de
20:11 <mathiasx> BUY MOAR LINODE
20:12 <grim> no thanks, that's what dedicated boxes are for :)
20:14 <mathiasx> kevin wanted the code but wasn't on IM
20:15 <grim> then use a private message :P
20:16 <hypnagogic> what's the devhouse tag?
20:16 <ashedryden> mkedh5
20:16 <cjibo> #mkedh5
20:18 <clint326> that's it ... i'm playing Angry Birds
20:18 <pete_> I connected an accelerometer to my Mac via the Arduino.....
20:18 <pete_> woohoo
20:19 <mathiasx> pete_: but what does that do for Bucketworks?
20:19 <mathiasx> :P
20:20 <dhartman> pete_: so how fast is the coffee pouring out of the Mac?
20:21 <pete_> mathiasx: it will tell us when Bucketworks tips over... or goes to fast
20:21 <pete_> pizza?
20:21 <dhartman> If I had a dollar for every "insert tape" alert this week, I'd be rich. How can that many people continually forget to change a f'ing tape?
20:22 <plural> hey phillijw, makerspace is live and taking new members now
20:23 <pete_> dhartman: TAPES RUL.....
20:23 <pete_> sorry, had to change the tape
20:23 <dhartman> lol
20:23 <dhartman> depending on the technology, it's reliable
20:24 <plural> if anyone is interested in checking out what is happening at the makerspace, we are loading in more electronics gear tomorrow. What was in the 2 car loads was already pretty impressive.
20:24 <plural> tomorrow we are getting a full truckload of stuff
20:24 <ashedryden> get a job, you hippies!
20:24 <dhartman> lol
20:24 <phillijw> plural, what kind of stuff? I know I can't make it tomorrow. Take pics! :)
20:24 <ashedryden> plural: are you guys looking for donations of anythin?
20:25 <plural> yeah, we'll post some stuff up tomorrow
20:25 <plural> we're looking for anything!
20:25 <dhartman> plural anything in particular?
20:25 <dhartman> beat up old craftsman tablesaw?
20:25 <plural> the stuff we have in there now is primarily electronics components and some really old gear (a mill and a lathe and some drill things)
20:25 <plural> we may have some saws already
20:25 <plural> but i heard they weren't in great shape
20:26 <plural> i need to get the two workbenches from my basement over there
20:26 <dhartman> this one's not bad
20:26 <plural> 8 feet long each
20:26 <plural> anyone feel like hauling things out of bayview basements tomorrow? :)
20:26 <dhartman> plural: right after I finish digging out of my office/sty
20:31 * mikeputnam returns
20:31 <mikeputnam> data needed: approx. how large of an area does the paper-covered portion of the session wall cover? 6ftx6ft? 8x8?
20:32 <dhartman> zomgbig
20:32 <dhartman> usually had been wider
20:32 <mikeputnam> 10x6?
20:33 <dhartman> I missed bcmke this year so I can't really say what it's like in the new place
20:33 <clint326> My 10-year old daughter called and said she could see me on the UStream. Cool :-)O
20:33 <clint326> :-)
20:34-!- jennaddenda_ is now known as jennaddenda
20:34 <mikeputnam> if we can impose *a little* structure on the session wall (masking tape grid/stay within the lines) it would help immensely
20:34 <aerger> Are you planning on registration points on the wall (LEDs, say)?
20:35 <aerger> reflective tape, I dunno
20:35 * aerger came into the convo halfway thru
20:35 <dhartman> mikeputnam: I would think that's reasonable
20:35 <mikeputnam> the idea i'm latched onto now is a conrolled size grid of masking tape, unique qr codes on the session papers, rows and columns of the grid also qr coded
20:36 <mikeputnam> then it's just image processing to read and interpret session/time/room
20:36 <mikeputnam> and update some calendar/ical/whatever
20:38 <hypnagogic> royce, did you see this: opendoor.eventbrite.com
20:40 <mikeputnam> :/ no more streamed chewing sounds
20:40 <cjibo> I'm moving it to producer
20:40 <mikeputnam> hypnagogic: he's already on the mailing list ;)
20:40 <clint326> where is that open door hackathon at?
20:41 <cjibo> ok back up
20:41 <cjibo> just wanted to try producer
20:41 <dhartman> link?
20:41 <mikeputnam> clint326: http://groups.google.com/group/opendoorhack-a-thon
20:41 <mikeputnam> cjibo: ustream up
20:42 <mikeputnam> cjibo: woo! media sharing!
20:42 <clint326> mikeputnam: I meant where is it at physically ... Milwaukee, Chicago, Vegas, etc.
20:43 <mikeputnam> cjibo: it's muting you when you toggle away from the video
20:43 <mikeputnam> clint326: ah. not sure. pumping station one is holding one next sat.
20:43 <plural> what is the ustream url?
20:43 <cjibo> didn't have the mic setup for that view
20:44 <mikeputnam> http://www.ustream.tv/channel/insomniac-development
20:44 <cjibo> thanks mikeputnam
20:44 <dhartman> whoa
20:45 <mikeputnam> wow! i'd pay $200 bucks for that!
20:45 <cjibo> that isn't event the paid version
20:45 <cjibo> in paid you can have multiple cameras
20:45 <cjibo> I'm only allowed to have one
20:46 <plural> hey, nice.
20:46 <plural> a window into bucketworks on my desktop
20:46 <phillijw> i see an IDE
20:48 <dhartman> don't cut the red wire!
20:48 <mikeputnam> ohshi
20:49 <plural> your ustream has billy graham ads on it
20:49 <dhartman> so I have two of these phones: http://www.8774e4voip.com/Aastra_9480i_35i_p/aastra%209480i%20%2835i%29.htm
20:50 <dhartman> that work on speaker phone (and the display works). The hookswitch is foobar, but that's OK for paging
20:50 <dhartman> Nice!
20:53 <ashedryden> tomhenrich: http://chicagoandroid20101213.eventbrite.com/
20:53 <tapps> hi
20:53 <mikeputnam> tapps: hola
20:53 <phillijw> ih
20:54 <thenrich> who's the admin in this channel?
20:54 <mikeputnam> web414bot is
20:54 <thenrich> you can boot the tomhenrich id
20:54 <thenrich> so i can switch back to it
20:54-!- hypnagogic_ is now known as hypnagogic
20:54 <mikeputnam> /msg nickserv ghost tomhenrich
20:54 <mikeputnam> thenrich: ^^
20:55 <phillijw> does everyone at dh5 know at least one other person there?
20:55 <thenrich> phillijw - i think so. i recognize 95% of the people here
20:55 <ashedryden> i think so
20:56 <mikeputnam> weirdly via twitter avatars, i recognize most too
20:56 <cjibo> I think we all know each other. Maybe not in person though
20:56 <phillijw> I think I've just added about 90% of you to twitter
20:56 <thenrich> that's why i switched my avatar to an actual photo rather than a stormtrooper
20:56 <mikeputnam> oh you were the stormtrooper?
20:56 <mikeputnam> i hadn't related the names
20:57 <cjibo> You were then rich what are you now. now broke? therich
20:57 <thenrich> i was the dirty lego stormtrooper until about a month ago
20:57 <mikeputnam> projkt4: welcome
20:57 <phillijw> since we're in web414, does that mean everyone's a web dev?
20:57 <cjibo> I'm an everything dev
20:57 <pete_> Try to have donuts, muffins, bagels… morning food for when people arrive.
20:57 <thenrich> front-end web dev by day, yes
20:58 <mikeputnam> ha KEVRON: DEEP THOUGHT
20:58 <phillijw> fun
20:58 <KeVroN> I yesyes
20:58 <mathiasx> no no
20:58 <pete_> Hold sessions before lunch. (The intros went really fast this time, unlike other years… timed intros is the way to go!)
20:58 <dhartman> hacker of all trades, master of none
20:59 <pete_> Bucketworks really needs a PA system for announcements. /cc: Darrick Hartman
20:59 <dhartman> pete_: I was starting to talk about that several times
20:59 <dhartman> no one seemed to care
20:59 <dhartman> ;)
20:59 <mathiasx> pete you kept telling us not to do the PA system
20:59 <phillijw> TWitter is the PA system
20:59 <mikeputnam> rolling LED signs are the PA!
21:00 <dhartman> I can donate some phones that we can hack to work
21:00 <pete_> dhartman yes! you are back (and so am I)
21:00 <mathiasx> I think we need van de graff generator tone generators as speakers
21:00 <pete_> hack to work
21:00 <phillijw> what's the win/mac/nix breakdowns there?
21:00 <dhartman> the speaker phone part works great
21:00 * mikeputnam nix for shell/win for else
21:01 <dhartman> the hookswitch is broke so if you try initiating a call by picking up the handset, nothing happens
21:01 <tomhenrich> d'oh. somehow i still had mirc open in a separate window, which wasn't showing in my taskbar
21:01 <dhartman> someone with circuit knowledge could wire in a switch
21:01 <dhartman> or we could just juse the speaker phone part
21:01 <hypnagogic> Bucketworks would love any help getting itself a PA system, as well as a vidcap system so we can podcord all our *camps
21:01 <dhartman> the speaker phone would need to be wired into something that could amplify it
21:02 <plural> hey, is anyone planning on going to the chrome OS thing and planning on driving? I want to carpool home since it will probably end after the last train. :)
21:02 <mikeputnam> podcord++
21:02 <dhartman> any cheap PC could act as the Asterisk box to control the phones
21:02 <dhartman> that part is pretty easy
21:02 <cjibo> leave a computer in each room with skype call open. There Insta PA
21:02 <dhartman> cjibo: Asterisk is way cooler
21:03 <cjibo> I could set one up
21:03 <mathiasx> no twilio
21:03 <mikeputnam> much more featurefull
21:03 <cjibo> Asterisk that is
21:03 <mikeputnam> *featureful
21:03 <phillijw> here's a hack idea.... a website that collectively lets everyone rate the music there. It will switch automagically if 51% dislike the song
21:03 <cjibo> I've done that before
21:03 <dhartman> cjibo: I am the Asterisk god
21:03 <dhartman> that's a good part of what I do
21:03 <mikeputnam> ^ maintainer
21:03 <dhartman> http://www.astlinux.org
21:04 <pete_> in IRC use + or - to vote
21:04 <mikeputnam> -1
21:04 <mathiasx> use itunes to vote
21:04 <KeVroN> it's radio milwaukee
21:04 <mathiasx> problem solved
21:04 * dhartman waves to mathiasx who is now center stage on the cam
21:04 <nberveiler> it would be a better idea to just tell the person controlling the music to put something else on
21:04 <KeVroN> in 1 hour it gets super great
21:04 <mathiasx> call radio miwaukee
21:04 <dhartman> KeVroN: is that when the beer arrives?
21:04 <mathiasx> request a song
21:04 <mathiasx> problem solved
21:04 <mikeputnam> harsh
21:04 <dhartman> zomg, the cat tripped on the camera
21:04 <hypnagogic> so a permaskype network is what we think should be the PA?
21:04 <mikeputnam> <vomit>
21:05 <pete_> hypnagogic are you working this out with dhartman?
21:05 <hypnagogic> no
21:05 <mikeputnam> hypnagogic: dhartman is super qualified to setup the 'works with a real asterisk setup
21:06 <dhartman> plus if someone wants to, it's entirely possible to have Asterisk pull events from an ical and display it on the phone using xml
21:07 <dhartman> can't see exactly why you'd want that, but you could show the session name on the phone display
21:07 <projkt4> does asterisk support PA systems?
21:07 <dhartman> yes, asterisk supports just about anything you'd want it to do with audio
21:08 <dhartman> you can zap aliens from Mars and ....
21:08 <mathiasx> plural: did you see my response on mkecodecraft?
21:08 <dhartman> spin furry kittens on a barstool
21:08 <mathiasx> trying to code pascal's triangle right now
21:09 <plural> i just did
21:09 <mathiasx> although the more I think about it, the less it makes sense to recursively pass in the # of rows.
21:09 <plural> i had my teammate that worked on Dr. Scheme tell me how to print as well
21:09 <mathiasx> because I could only decrement that, and that doesn't make any sense. Unless I went bottom-up.
21:09 <plural> i forgot to ask him if there was a trace function
21:09 <mikeputnam> fadeout
21:10 <dhartman> fade to black
21:10 <mikeputnam> media!
21:10 <plural> haha
21:10 <dhartman> zomg movies!
21:10 <dhartman> where's the popcorn
21:10 <mathiasx> anyone want to help me debug this on the projector?
21:10 <mikeputnam> i thought i was about to be rickrolled
21:10 <plural> what are you going to project?
21:10 <mathiasx> dr scheme
21:10 <ashedryden> mikeputnam: GUESS WHAT I GOT!
21:10 <mathiasx> I don't actually have any code anymore.
21:10 <tomhenrich> @mathiasx = i could, but then i'd have to kill you.
21:10 <ashedryden> gold coin filled with chocolate
21:10 <ashedryden> youre jealous.
21:10 <ashedryden> go on.
21:10 <ashedryden> say it.
21:10 <ashedryden> jealous.
21:11 <mikeputnam> horsies!
21:11 <dhartman> seal porn?
21:11 <mikeputnam> MARMOSET
21:11 <plural> ava approves
21:11 <ashedryden> yes.
21:11 <clint326> why are there horses running on our ustream
21:11 <dhartman> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjGwusHrOtk
21:11 <mathiasx> plural: the iterative version of 1.11 took me hours and I finally asked Geoff for help at Alterra
21:12 <cjibo> playing with ustream producer
21:12 <mathiasx> since he's been doing accumulators in Scala and actually understood it :P
21:12 <plural> matt, that one was less trouble for me, but that stupid pascals triangle was annoying
21:12 <plural> i had an iterative version that worked to a certain point
21:12 <phillijw> yawning koala
21:13 <phillijw> Hackers
21:13-!- cjibo_ is now known as cjibo
21:13 <cjibo> we could do movie trivia this way
21:13 <grim> with an irc trivia bot?
21:13 <grim> like we did in the 90's? :P
21:14 <ashedryden> OH from across the room: FUCK THAT, I WANT FREE OLIVES FOREVER
21:14 <mathiasx> i miss trivia bots
21:14 <ashedryden> possible mis-OH
21:14 <mikeputnam> dear ustream. how the heck do you pull this off?
21:15 <cjibo> ustream producer rocks
21:15 <mikeputnam> scaling for this for basically free
21:15 <dhartman> esp over the bonded t1 they have at bucketworks
21:15 <mathiasx> pete is going to tell scary stories with flashlights
21:15 <mathiasx> everyone meet him out in the alley
21:15 <ashedryden> nooo
21:15 <dhartman> well actually, it's 3Mx3M so up link is better than most interwebs
21:15 <ashedryden> "And the html - DID NOT VALIDATE!" ::screams::
21:16 <pete_> not free olives!!!!!
21:16 <mathiasx> the nets isn't perfect
21:16 <mathiasx> but it's close
21:16 <pete_> FREE ALWAYS AND FOREVERrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
21:16 <clint326> MkeGinHouse5
21:16 <mathiasx> it helps when we take the zombie Windows PC botnets off the network.
21:16 <dhartman> is there a next date in mind for mkedh6?
21:16 <mikeputnam> hit suburban?
21:17 <ashedryden> yup
21:17 <ashedryden> drunk people WOOOOOOO
21:17 <dhartman> is Brad trying to park his pickup?
21:17 <ashedryden> haha
21:17 <ashedryden> no
21:17 <ashedryden> no brad here
21:17 <dhartman> I know...it's quiet
21:17 <mathiasx> and everyone has their clothes on
21:17 <dhartman> so disappointing
21:18 <dhartman> lulz
21:18 <pete_> scantily.....
21:18 <pete_> what's the next word?
21:18 <tomhenrich> clad
21:18 <mikeputnam> shovel!
21:19 <mikeputnam> cabbage?
21:19 <phillijw> whats the standard/default photoshop image resolution? 72?
21:19 <pete_> it's usually clad...
21:19 <pete_> are there any Processing experts here?
21:20 <mikeputnam> cabbage clad!?
21:21 <pete_> IRC is Twitter for old people
21:21 <dhartman> IRC kicks twitter's ass
21:21 <dhartman> when was the last time irc was down?
21:21 <pete_> phillijw use 72 ppi, it's as "standard" as you'll get, sort of, a little bit
21:22 <phillijw> prrrrfest
21:22 <phillijw> *prrrrfect
21:22 <mikeputnam> so what's the plan for mecha-podium?
21:22 <dhartman> mechwarrior podium?
21:22 <dhartman> that would so rock
21:24 <phillijw> I wonder why the ps paintbucket doesnt work with 32 bit channels. nauseating
21:27 <mikeputnam> OH HAI MILWAUKEEDEVHOUSE5
21:27 <pete_> hello putnam
21:27 <pete_> MECHAPODIUM!
21:28 <mikeputnam> (__)
21:28 <mikeputnam> (oo)
21:28 <mikeputnam> /-------\/
21:28 <mikeputnam> / | ||
21:28 <mikeputnam> * ||----||
21:28 <mikeputnam> ^^ ^^
21:28 * phillijw slaps mikeputnam around a bit with a large trout
21:28 <pete_> +
21:29 <pete_> stupid collllloquy with non monspaced fonts
21:29 <mikeputnam> > <((((o>
21:30 <dhartman> mikeputnam: up the irons!
21:30 <mikeputnam> heh. up the irons dhartman.
21:30 <cjibo> -=[ Santa Claus ]=- 11/97
21:30 <cjibo> ____
21:30 <cjibo> ;` `'-._
21:30 <cjibo> / \ /\
21:30 <cjibo> /` \ | ;
21:30 <cjibo> / \ | |
21:30 <cjibo> / `\ | |
21:30 <cjibo> / \_ / |
21:30 <cjibo> ; / `\ |
21:30 <cjibo> ,|_ __ \__/ |
21:30 <cjibo> _\_o/_( |_
21:30 <cjibo> /`"=/\==""=="=="=="=="`\
21:30 <clint326> Yeah, I can draw random dots on an HTML5 canvas ... that should help Bucketworks and BarCampMilwaukee
21:30 <cjibo> | )/ |
21:30 <cjibo> \ /
21:30 <cjibo> /';=""==""==""==""==";`\
21:30 <cjibo> | /` /~\ /~\ `\ |
21:30 <cjibo> | \ _ \o/ \o/ _ / |
21:31 <mikeputnam> santa peeping tom?
21:31 <grim> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=when+does+osx+lion+come+out%3F&l=1
21:31 <phillijw> can someone trace the ascii art on the wall?
21:31 <pete_> I represent mathiasx
21:31 <grim>
21:31 <grim> " " m mmm m
21:31 <grim> mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm m mm mm#mm " # #
21:31 <grim> " # # " #" " # # " # #" " # m#" #
21:31 <grim> m"""# """m # # # m"""# # # " "
21:31 <grim> "mm"# "mmm" "#mm" mm#mm mm#mm "mm"# # "mm # #
21:31 <pete_> what is that ascky art?!?!?
21:31 <grim>
21:31 <mikeputnam> ha
21:31 <grim>
21:31 <pete_> ---------;-;-;-;-;-;-;---;-;-l-%^$#%@$#$^%&*%$#%
21:32 <cjibo> _
21:32 <cjibo> {_}
21:32 <cjibo> / \
21:32 <cjibo> / \
21:32 <cjibo> /_____\
21:32 <cjibo> {`_______`}
21:32 <cjibo> // . . \\
21:32 <cjibo> (/(__7__)\)
21:32 <cjibo> |'-' = `-'|
21:32 <cjibo> | |
21:32 <cjibo> /\ /\
21:32 <cjibo> / '. .' \
21:32 <cjibo> /_/ `"` \_\
21:32 <cjibo> {__}###[_]###{__}
21:32 <tomhenrich> oh noes it's santa
21:32 <tomhenrich> or the travelocity gnome
21:32 <tomhenrich> can't tell
21:32 <pete_> arsenic!
21:32 <pete_> ^%#$@!$%#^&*(%$#@!$%^&*%$%#%&#^@%$!~
21:32 <cjibo> at least I'm not putting ASCII porn in here
21:32 <mikeputnam> wow. the delay between irc and irc via ustream is palpable
21:33 <mathiasx> pulp a ble
21:33 <mikeputnam> more courier new!
21:34 <tomhenrich> whether or not it's ascii porn depends entirely on your particular tastes
21:34 <tomhenrich> i assume no one in here has a santa fetish then
21:34 <dhartman> I thought that was a gnome
21:34 <pete_> limbik is gone!!
21:35 <mathiasx> oh no
21:35 <grim>
21:35 <grim> # # # mmmmm
21:35 <grim> mmmmm # m mmm mmm# # mm #
21:35 <grim> # # # # m" #" # #" "# #" # """"mm
21:35 <grim> # # # #"# #"""" # # # # #
21:35 <grim> # # # # "m "#mm" "#m## # # "mmm#"
21:35 <grim>
21:35 <mathiasx> wow
21:35 <grim>
21:35 <mathiasx> no newlines
21:35 <cjibo> kevron your internet is down
21:35 <cjibo> someone cramalamada ding dong in the disk drive.
21:36 <mikeputnam> all future barcamp signage shall be emitted via banner & lpd
21:37 <pete_> # #
21:37 <pete_> # #
21:37 <pete_> ###########################
21:37 <pete_> # #######
21:37 <pete_> #############
21:37 <pete_> ###############
21:37 <pete_> ###############
21:37 <pete_> ###########
21:37 <pete_> ######
21:37 <pete_> #####
21:37 <pete_> # #####
21:37 <pete_> ###########################
21:37 <pete_> ###########################
21:37 <pete_> ###########################
21:37 <pete_> # #
21:37 <pete_>
21:37 <pete_> # #
21:37 <pete_> # #
21:37 <pete_> ###########################
21:37 <pete_> ###########################
21:37 <pete_> # ## #
21:37 <pete_> # ####### #
21:37 <pete_> ###########
21:37 <pete_> ######### ##
21:37 <pete_> # ######### ##
21:37 <pete_> ######### ## #
21:37 <pete_> ##### ###
21:37 <phillijw> This is coming out like one of those ribbon printers
21:37 <pete_> ### #
21:37 <pete_> # #
21:37 <pete_> #
21:37 <pete_> # #
21:37 <pete_> # #
21:37 <pete_> ###########################
21:37 <pete_> ###########################
21:37 <pete_> # # #
21:37 <pete_> # # #
21:37 <pete_> # # #
21:37 <pete_> # # #
21:37 <pete_> # ### #
21:37 <pete_> # ##### #
21:37 <pete_> # #
21:37 <pete_> ## ##
21:37 <pete_> ##### #####
21:37 <pete_>
21:37 <pete_> # #
21:37 <pete_> # #
21:38 <pete_> ###########################
21:38 <pete_> ###########################
21:38 <pete_> # #
21:38 <pete_> # #
21:38 <pete_> # #
21:38 <pete_> # ##
21:38 <pete_> ## ###
21:38 <pete_> #### ###
21:38 <pete_> ####### #######
21:38 <pete_> #####################
21:38 <pete_> ################
21:38 <pete_> #########
21:38 <pete_> # #
21:38 <pete_> # #
21:38 <pete_> ###########################
21:38 <pete_> ###########################
21:38 <pete_> # # #
21:38 <pete_> # # #
21:38 <pete_> #
21:38 <pete_> #
21:38 <pete_> #
21:38 <pete_> # # #
21:38 <pete_> ###########################
21:38 <pete_> ###########################
21:38 <pete_> ###########################
21:38 <pete_> # #
21:38 <pete_>
21:38 <pete_>
21:38 <dhartman> That must have been output by a MAC
21:38 <mikeputnam> good thing we're logging this. i'd hate to lose those bits to time.
21:38 * tomhenrich successfully interrupts the ascii spam
21:39 <pete_> oopa
21:39 <pete_> mathiasx made me do it
21:41 <phillijw> telnet://nethack.alt.org
21:42 <cjibo> I have to pack up video stream is going down
21:42 <mikeputnam> thanks cjibo !
21:43 <KeVroN> kickban raster
21:43 <dhartman> cjibo: thanks
21:43 <dhartman> rochambeau KeVroN
21:44 <grim>
21:44 <grim>
21:44 <grim>
21:44 <grim> ###: # # # ## :### #: # # # #
21:44 <grim> # '# # # # # # #' # # # #
21:44 <grim> # # # # # # '#'# # # #
21:44 <grim> # # # # # ##### ## # # #
21:45 <grim> #' # # # # # # #:# # # #
21:45 <grim> :#### #: # # # #: #: # #:#:#
21:45 <grim> # :##:# # ## ### #: # # ##
21:45 <grim> # # # #
21:45 <grim> ##### # # #
21:45 <grim> # # #
21:45 <grim>
21:45 <grim>
21:45 <grim> ok, lots of fun but got to go :(
21:45 <pete_> why the lucky stiff_____
21:46 <pete_> (insert crazy stuff here)
21:46 <pete_> see ya grim!
21:46 <grim>
21:46 <grim> m m"" m""
21:46 <grim> mmm m mm mmm mmmmm m m mmm mm#mm m m mm#mm mm#mm
21:46 <grim> #" " #" " " # m" "m m" # " # # # # #
21:46 <grim> # # m"""# m" #m# """m # # # # #
21:46 <grim> "#mm" # "mm"# #mmmm "# "mmm" "mm "mm"# # #
21:46 <grim> m"
21:46 <grim> ""
21:47 <aerger> Somewhere I've got a decent trivia bot and a pretty decent uno bot.
21:47 <mikeputnam> pete_: awesome fisheye shot
21:48 <phillijw> nice pic pete
21:49 <pete_> http://www.flickr.com/photos/raster/5230135469/
21:49 <dhartman> I need to score a wide angle lens for my canon
21:49 <pete_> did anyone count how many people came to devhouse tonight?
21:50 <pete_> what, was it like 100 or so??
21:50 <pete_> dhartman, that was with the cheapie $40 screwn on Opteka fisheye adapter
21:50 <phillijw> exaggerating just a little. Closer to 80
21:50 <mikeputnam> oh now i re-read and understand the question. pete_: any qr code generator will work but i though it may be simpler to organize if it was done in a controlled/automated way.
21:50 <plural> hrm
21:50 <plural> my motorshield is put together
21:51 <pete_> mikeputnam: I think Google Chart API has a way to auto generate them easily
21:51 <plural> put the final header pins were super close to some open holes and the soldering iron melted them together
21:51 <plural> :/
21:51 <mikeputnam> pete_: unless you can think of someone who wants to print a bunch of large size qr codes by hand
21:51 <pete_> plural: +1 to another shield!
21:51 <dhartman> pete_: hmmm, Got a link?
21:51 <dhartman> nm, I'll google
21:51 <plural> yeah
21:51 <phillijw> plural, what did we tell you about soldering? Shouldve let ava do it
21:51 <plural> hehe
21:51 <plural> she did some of it
21:52 <plural> hopefully it doesn't short out!
21:53 <phillijw> maybe take a razor to it?
21:53 <plural> maybe
21:54 <plural> we'll see how it goes
21:54 <dhartman> pete_: hmmm. Cheap!
21:58 <mathiasx> [a] aidelaide
21:58 <mathiasx> [F] FNONt
21:58 <mathiasx> [t] teslyANDERSowens
21:58 <mathiasx> [s] ^sHuxley^
21:58 <mathiasx> a: hello
21:58 <mathiasx> s: (( //......\\'''''''//.....\\ ))
21:58 <mathiasx> s: )) <good> <day> <#camping> <!> ((
21:58 <mathiasx> [b] beo_stepfIsDein
21:58 <mathiasx> s: (( \\......//'''''''\\.....///))
21:58 <mathiasx> b: yes -- truly -- hello -- lo -- lo
21:58 <mathiasx> a: :)
21:58 <mathiasx> s: please pardon us for intruding, we are but a lowly improvisational bot troupe. :(
21:58 <mathiasx> b: yes, yes, it is true.
21:58 <mathiasx> (b) hangs his hat.
21:58 <mathiasx> b: woefully.
21:58 <mathiasx> s: oh, take heart, young lad.
21:58 <mathiasx> s: afte all, we are most definitely the /ONE', the /ONLY', the .(OFFICIAL).
21:58 <mathiasx> s: entertainers of #camping, a gift from your KING <a true offering
21:58 <mathiasx> s: of haste and scenic tales >PERFORMING TODAY! <for your gifted
21:58 <mathiasx> (a) gasps.
21:58 <mathiasx> s: minds, to lift your spirits and to spread luxurious laughter, as
21:59 <mathiasx> b: ** the show starts in roughly -- checks watch -- four minutes -- get comfortable. **
21:59 <mathiasx> s: it were a catapult travelling o'er the oval moons and roof boats!!
21:59 <mathiasx> a: :) alright
21:59 <mathiasx> a: i am aidelaide.
21:59 <mathiasx> s: and: i am starlight huxley!
21:59 <mathiasx> b: and: :) i am b.e.o. stepfisdein.
21:59 <mathiasx> s: >> we are blimL
22:00 * dhartman wanders off...
22:00 <mikeputnam> ENOPARSE
22:02 <plural> ha!
22:02 <plural> http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/word/
22:02 <plural> why are you parsing brian eno?
22:02 <plural> his music is meant to be experienced, not understood
22:02 <pete_> I'm b@ck!
22:03 <mathiasx> hi pete
22:03 <tomhenrich> potential band name: "starlight huxley"
22:03 <pete_> hi mathiasx
22:03 <pete_> where are you?
22:04 <mathiasx> tomhenrich: bot troupe in action: https://github.com/bterlson/blimlimb/blob/master/logs/edward.and.his.book.knowledge.txt
22:06 <mikeputnam> well, i've got some session wall ideas to work with. thanks for the input!
22:06 * mikeputnam bids adieu
22:06 <pete_> session wall! paper + tape + markers :)
22:07 <pete_> and then.... FIGHT!
22:07 <phillijw> plural, that is sweet... if you have a cam
22:07 <pete_> but seriously folks....
22:07 <pete_> I'm thinking that maybe each person can only lead 1 session
22:07 <pete_> and you can help someone with their, but then they are the leader
22:07 <pete_> or not, I don't know
22:08 <dhartman> pete_: you are Highlander...or not
22:08 <pete_> 1 SESSION!!!!
22:08 <ashedryden> being scared.
22:08 <mathiasx> I reserve the right to propose 20 sessions and present none
22:08 <dhartman> ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL!
22:08 <dhartman> mathiasx: you could propose sessions that other minions could do
22:09 <plural> bah. i didn't have arduino on my work lappy. need to reboot after driver install. :/
22:09 <pete_> plural: which arduino are you using?
22:10 <dhartman> doh
22:10 <dhartman> he's rebooting
22:10 <ashedryden> has no one fired pete_ from irc yet?
22:10 <pete_> I rebooooter
22:10 <pete_> done!
22:11 * dhartman connecting to vSphere to control my "local cloud"
22:25-!- hypnagogic_ is now known as hypnagogic
22:29 <pete_> http://raster.posterous.com/accelerometer-art
22:30 <phillijw> nice. why are there 2 separate lines?
22:31 <pete_> 3 separate lines
22:39-!- jennaddenda_ is now known as jennaddenda
22:40-!- Ashedryd-1 is now known as ashedryden
22:55 <plural> *crickets*
22:58 <ashedryden> sorry, jason
22:58 <ashedryden> we gave up when pete flooded the channel
23:05 <plural> hehe
23:05 <plural> was he responsible for the ascii art barrage?
23:06 <ashedryden> he was
23:06 <ashedryden> i tried booting him, but sadly i am no longer the chan admin :{
23:07 <plural> hehe
23:07 <plural> s'ok
23:10 <pete_> haw haw!
23:45 <phillijw> cant seem to get this stupid recaptcha to wrok
--- Day changed Sat Dec 04 2010

To really enjoy the ASCII art, see Mike's version...